ALL COMICS | CONTACT ME | SHORT FILMS | SKETCH COMEDY | FIGERS | TWITTER


COMICS AND MOVIES AND BOOKS AND SHIT:

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm back! Manga style!

Click to enlarge


Many thanks to AlphaJammer for lending me his copy of Gurren Lagann. I decided not to bother with captions this week because it's really way more fun to draw and decide what the story is going to be based on what I determine myself capable of drawing. Reader's should also note I elected to use pencil this week, and favored a high res photo over a scanned image. So I'm kinda experimenting here because...well I guess because I can do whatever I want.

I've had it in mind for some time to experiment with an original idea for a new weekly strip almost certainly meaning I'd have to abandon this one (not that anyone cares). But circumstance and other priorities (playstation) keep delaying me from making much headway. So for now I'm settling for drawing myself into a mecha comic for the next month, as a chance to experiment with drawing different subjects, and as an homage to some of my favorite manga, which, oddly enough inspired the desire to write, but not the confidence to draw. At least not until I entered the bad half of my twenties. Go figure.

I also want to add that I'm open to suggestions for the next series of panels...and mad nerd points to anyone that can ID the mecha design I ripped off. Your clue is "The Lynn Minmay Defense."

Oh yeah, I also got around to making another movie poster during my sabbatical.

And please excuse my sloppiness! My PC is temporarily down, so I'm doing the best I can without access to any of my stuff this week. Since I can't manually change some of the hyperlinks on a Mac (lame) there will be some broken or weird links happening on my site. Like you care.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's the Mac's fault you can't write the HTML for your page to function properly! Open the document in TextEdit and click the box that says "ignore rich text commands".

    The mech is based on Front Mission 3

    ReplyDelete