ALL COMICS | CONTACT ME | SHORT FILMS | SKETCH COMEDY | FIGERS | TWITTER


COMICS AND MOVIES AND BOOKS AND SHIT:

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Have No Idea Why I Am Drawing This Comic

Well, that may not be entirely true. I have theories, and pages upon pages of speculation. Maybe it's just to keep me occupied. Maybe I'm trying to isolate the negative parts of my own character and contain them in a way that they become fun and harmless.

I think this addresses the paradox and dangers of self-effacing artwork. Do I actually want people to think I'm a prick? Aren't I afraid of this comic becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy?

The short answer is No, and No. With very limited exceptions I have avoided making any reference to any actual event or person anywhere on this site. I'm a very self-conscious person by nature, and unfortunately, there is an ingrained sense of self-absorption that comes with that kind of territory. What I'm trying to say is that I am more than occasionally insensitive to other people's feelings. For this I apologize. But that's kind of what this comic is about.

1 comment:

  1. I read it because it's pretty funny. Maybe you draw it because it's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete