ALL COMICS | CONTACT ME | SHORT FILMS | SKETCH COMEDY | FIGERS | TWITTER


COMICS AND MOVIES AND BOOKS AND SHIT:

Monday, August 10, 2009

I Will Never Leave You Screaming For My Comic

Click to enlarge



This edition might require extraneous elucidation. Little things can easily become a chore when you let them. I'd noticed my comic getting stale for a few weeks and I decided to challenge myself. I figure I could keep dressing the same joke in a different suit, but where's the fun in that?

There isn't any particular joke in this comic. This is because I draw a rough storyboard before I get to work, but the dialogue is generally the last thing I sort out. I have a vague idea how many words I need to fit in, and it usually isn't a problem. This week I got caught up in the drawing and consequently the final product suffered. But I don't feel disappointed, largely because I think it's a decent drawing, especially considering my obvious lack of talent. It should be pretty evident that this whole site is a work in progress...I have yet to find the time to copyedit any shorts I've written since I started.

This humble little project has always been secondary to the rest of my work, especially now when I have other professional pursuits that have deadlines. But now that it's clearly here to stay, I've decided to keep it going as long as I can and see what happens.

I should also briefly mention the source material. This is largely borrowed from the opening scene of an ancient draft of Blade Runner (when it was still called Dangerous Days - yeah I'm that huge of a nerd). This popped into my head because it's a pretty cool fucking scene as written in the script, and because I had the idea all week to make a sci-fi original (a la Spaceman Spiff) - starring myself as the hapless dimwitted bounty hunter or cowboy jockey. So this week was a warmup. Hopefully as I improve technically I'll come up with a better original scenario.

Until then, I remain, Bob Officer. Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. Blade Runner at the MOMA Aug. 19

No comments:

Post a Comment