ALL COMICS | CONTACT ME | SHORT FILMS | SKETCH COMEDY | FIGERS | TWITTER


COMICS AND MOVIES AND BOOKS AND SHIT:

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hard Rock Saves the Space

As my comic grows more ambitious, it begins to take up larger chunks of free time. I've never managed my time well and - when you combine this flaw with an inferiority complex and a host of other insecurities - you get an odd formula for a human being that is bursting with creative energy and drive that often gets overwhelmed and disoriented by an endless range of possibilities that don't quite fit in with the range of talent that's been developed. That's me in a nutshell. I always know what I want, but I've seldom had the patience to stick with anything for to long.

So why the need for a pedantic self-absorbed blog about a frivolous thing like this stupid cartoon?

I planned to begin my comic in December of 2007 because I felt trapped and unproductive. That said it might seem odd that it took over a year for me to get around to posting the first issue. But when you consider the character behind it it's not so unusual. I second guess some of my best ideas even as they come into fruition.

The history behind this sites fruiton is pretty dull. I drew the first 5 comics between August and December of 2008. Although it only took me a few hours to actually put the thing together I had to reaquire the confidence to draw after a 4 year abscence (which let's be honest, is kinda lame because I really can't draw). I also had to sit down and figure out the basics of Dreamweaver and photoshop - two programs that I am still learning.

But now that I've sketched 40 comics of varying quality, I'm pretty endeared to the process despite the extra stress it adds to my week. I've definitely put out some drawings I'm not proud of - but I like to think there are some pretty fucking good ones too. I've reached a wierd impasse where I've acknowledged that my previously non-existent graphic design skills and drawing skills both need to improve to get to a standard of quality that I am now aspiring to. All this means is that I find it harder to continue without dedicating more time to this site - and I intend to make it happen.

So in answer to the query posted above - I am aware that people are visiting my site. I don't know who you are, nor do I particularly care. I'm just kind of happy that total strangers know who I am - though I'll likely never meet them. This simple fact has actually motivated me to continue spending the time on this stupid project even when I don't want to.

So I'm writing to let said total strangers know that this weeks comics is one of the funniest drawings I will ever do and I don't want to rush it. It's more difficult than anything I've ever done and I'm pretty proud of that. This whole site and blog are also getting remodeled as soon as my life allows it. Because as long as i can stand it I want this comic to be a consistent prescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment