ALL COMICS | CONTACT ME | SHORT FILMS | SKETCH COMEDY | FIGERS | TWITTER


COMICS AND MOVIES AND BOOKS AND SHIT:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Principles Thus Far

I've been examining my life in a rather arduous attempt to figure out a strategy with which to direct my energies. A by product of this evaluation has been a list of principles. It's very short because I think a principle is something that an individual should adhere to without ever threatening the integrity of another principle - and yet should not necessarily have to conform to anyone elses' ideas.

There is an index card above my humble wood-composite Ikea desk. Thus far it has three brief scribbles written hastily on it - the latter of which I added before writing the superfluous paragraph above.

The index card reads -

Principles:
-Quality
-Synchronize Data
-Nothing is Private


I'll try to elucidate as well as I can. Quality is the first and most sound thing I can come up with. It's a simple philosophy housed in a single utterance. I think it can be applied to any facet of a persons life - be it career, relationships, friendships, investments. One should never approach a thing without the intention of achieving the highest possible quality. At the time I meant it to be applicable to my career. But it has evolved.


Synchronize Data?

Still trying to figure out what the fuck this means. It made perfect sense after a particularly lucid dream I had one morning this last month. My guess is, it's a roundabout way of saying "do your research, get all your ducks in a row." And yet there's a cryptic quality to it that I can't fathom. More on this one when I figure it out.

Nothing is Private. Perhaps not the best possible phrase to describe an ideal principle. Perhaps it's to idiosyncratic to my own experience (and yet that's what this list is all about) for me to able to explain well - but I can start by asserting that I've always been what I would consider to be a private person. I almost feel like I want to paraphrase Corinthians here - suffice it say that I was private as a child and as a man I have gradually come to understand the subtle and all encompassing nature that we mean when we say "six degrees of separation."

This one is of particular concern to the oft taciturn gent as myself, and yet in an epiphany I've come to understand that if we consider this basic principle as an inevitability we can come to understand and evaluate the actions we make in terms of how deeply they can effect the world. Inadvertently.

Some other thoughts vying for a position on the list include:
-Always be on time
-Never expect to be rewarded
-Always look good


-Bob Officer
**long Monday night shift

No comments:

Post a Comment